As of final court at Kingdom Arts & Sciences, I'm on vigil for membership in the Order of the Laurel (the SCA's highest arts and sciences honour, if you're not familiar with this stuff). glasseye
and I had already checked out of the hotel, so aelfgyfu
had to lure us to court ("It's just in fifteen minutes! We're only waiting for Her Majesty to make a phone call, no, you probably don't want to walk past her right now . . .") and thrust a tunic at me.
Now I have to plan a ceremony. I'm thinking I will research actual induction ceremonies for fifteenth-century knightly orders. Things to do:
- Talk to Their Majesties and choose a date for the ceremony between now and July Coronation. (June Faire?)
- Write a poem for Their Majesties.
- Get my hands on a copy of the statutes of the Order of the Golden Fleece (Boulton says they discuss the induction of a new member at some length), and translate the relevant sections.
- Think about clothing. (Some women wore the regalia of the Order of the Garter; can I find a picture?) Anyone want to help me sew a mantle?
- Scroll? (As a "copy of the statutes of the Order"?)
- Talk to glasseye about "admission fee" (part of admission to the Orders of the Garter, Golden Fleece, etc.)